Saturday, June 5, 2010

Kick Ass? KICKED ASS.

No, my exams aint over yet. But anyway, I watched this AMAZING, HILARIOUS and very DELICIOUS movie today. Kick Ass The name, seriously says it all. This was one of the BEST movies I've seen in a while and it totally helped that the main character was a complete hottie.
Yeah yeah, I know the poster isnt in English- cut me some slack guys, its 4 AM in the morning. This is the best I could come up with. Anyway. So. Here is what its about: Dave Lizewski is an unnoticed high school student and comic book fan who one day decides to become a super-hero, even though he has no powers, training or meaningful reas on to do so.[Source- IMDb] So basically Dave is this really adorable geek who loves comics and shit, and decides that he wants to be a super hero, because he believes in doing good and stuff. That was seriously SO CUTE. And totally made me fall in love with him. The best thing about this movie is, that it has a bit of everything, and in some parts, it really seems realistic you know? Action, Drama, ROMANCE...COMEDY. You name it, and its there. Its a typical superhero movie, the good guys, the bad guys, a big fight scene where you're biting your nails off and chewing your cuticles.. but its made in a such totally awesome parody-ish way that you cannot help but love it.[does that make sense?] Plus it has some really awesome characters, like Mindy, the 11/12 year old girl who chops peoples heads off and has a extremely funny and very colorful way with words. Oh- about that, this movie is DEFF not family friendly, it has a LOT of bad language, gore, and some gross scenes like boob-fondling and talk about masturbation etc. Its the kinda movie you see with your friends to have a good laugh, and possibly drool over hot guys. Reviewing this movie is kinda hard actually, since I dont wanna give the funny/bulk of it away...so thats it for the review part of this post! I know- not much of a review' but- Go WATCH IT. I promise you, if you have a sense of humour and enjoy epic things, you will LOVE this Kick Ass movie. Pun intended. Anyway- onto my gushing. {Movie Spoilers!} So. DAVE WAS HOT. OMG. I just realized why I think hes so freaking drool-worthy [and slightly familiar]. HE WAS ALSO IN Angus Thongs and Perfect Snogging! As Robbie-the-sex-God! I'm sure book bloggers reading this would know what I'm talking about.. that was also an amazing movie AND book. But more on that later. Here he is:
From the movie.
Now THAT is what I'm talkin' 'bout! Isn't he gorgeous? Apart from that hunk, I also loved Mindy. Shes adorable- but lethal. And even though she is so young, she knows whats right and wrong, loves and respects her Daddy, does all her homework on time and has an admirable sense of responsibility, self-determination, and family pride. Also, she’s got a [hilarious] way with language. Shes like Super Girl- but.. not really... cause- shes HIT GIRL! Okay, there was just one part which grossed me out in the movie, like REALLY grossed me out. I mean, some others did too, but this one took the cake. When Dave and the girl he likes kiss, he grabs her boobs and- squishes them. Okay, I know it was meant to be funny, but seriously? EWWWWW. No guy should ever do that to a girl, it looked totally wrong and GROSS. Typical example of how girls are usually seen as sex objects by boys. Maybe Im over reacting, but Im sorry, It was disgusting. ANYWAY. Another thing about the movie- it has greeeaaat music and I WANT TO GET MY HAIR DYED PURPLE. Just like Hit Girl's wig. I had purple hair once, but you couldn't really tell since it was too dark. [Hair Dye Fail]. Overall, I guess I'll give this movie 5 out of 5 stars for making me laugh like an insane old woman, sigh like a lovesick teenager and gasp like I'm having an asthma attack. So I guess that about wraps it up. Excuse me while I wipe the drool of my floor. I hope you enjoy/ed it as much as I did! Much Love, CLG

1 comment:

Thinking of leaving a comment?
That's why you're awesome.