Saturday, May 8, 2010

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

From GoodReads:
For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her...until Patch comes along.
With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment, but after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is far more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life. 



So, instead of cracking the good ol' Bio book open, I decided, what the heck, and finished Hush, Hush. I have to admit, I didnt know if I'd like it or not. I've read some reviews of it. All of them were positive of course but they all said how it was about a lot of action and stuff. So, even though I had the book for a while, I didn't read it immediately.
But then I decided, what the heck. People kept on raving about it, it topped many 'Want to Read' and 'Books I Love' lists, the romance was supposed to be great and well, all I can say is, I'm glad I did.

Hush, Hush was AMAZING :D
I'll give it 3.5 stars, out of 5.

Warning, the below MAY contain spoilers.

The romance between Nora and Patch is purely electric. The sparks fly the moment they meet, and all you want the to do is shut the hell up and kiss already! That was probably one of the most annoying parts of the book. The suspense was really dragged out, to the point where it got super annoying. I mean,at times I wanted to rip my hair out and ask Patch why he was being so secretive! But I guess the whole point of writing it in Nora's POV was this. Becca Fitzpatrick is a seriously talented writer. She makes you feel Nora's angst and annoyance in a very believable way, [which may, or may not be a good thing at times!] and you have NO idea whats going to happen, till the very end. One thing this book isn't, is predictable. I had no idea whatsoever that the ending would be the way it was.
The other positive thing about Hush, Hush is that its a book all wrapped up at the end. A sequel would be nice [and there is one, coming out] but the reader doesn't really demand one. It could be a stand alone novel, and you would be pretty happy with it!
Something that annoyed me, a bit though, was Nora herself. At times, she seemed a little fluff brained, and week at the knees, always needy and very confused. But I guess even though the ending proved she was strong enough, I would have liked to see that strength at other instances in the novel too!
I like the whole thing about Angels, its a pretty refreshing take on the fantasy/paranormal element, and in all honesty, I'm really getting sick of all the Vampire books out there!


*end of possible spoilers*

Overall, Hush, Hush was a GREAT read. I picked it up, and couldn't put it down until I got to the very last page. Its the sort of book which leaves a happy, fuzzy glow inside of you, and the romance, even though is harmless enough is well described and [in my book] pretty steamy. [The perfect sort, if you ask me.]
I can't wait for the sequel!

Thats it for now..

Much love,

CLG.

7 comments:

  1. i adored this book! good review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never even heard of this, but I've been needing a new book... Can't wait to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @blueicegal
    Thanks! :)

    @S.I.F
    You totally should. I really loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book and I am going to bust down the doors to the bookstore for the sequel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Swimmer
    I cant wait for it either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. have you read the sequels ??? if yes, then please tell me whether they're good or not)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I do have Crescendo, but I haven't read it yet.

      Delete

Thinking of leaving a comment?
That's why you're awesome.