Thursday, February 23, 2012

Top Ten Books That Broke My Heart A Little

This title idea is taken from The Broke and the Bookish's Top Ten Tuesday meme.


So here they are, the Top Ten Books That Broke My Heart A Little, in no particular order.


Ps, this does not mean they're bad books, it means they were so good, most of them made me cry and really feel, but then put my heart back together again. Others left it on the floor, but were still pretty freakin' amazing.


ALL of these books have a rating of 4 stars or more. (From a total of 5).




1. Stolen by Lucy Christopher




I wanted to hate Ty.
I didn't.
It left me so confused, and totally heart broken.
I even dreamed about it. 






2. The last mediator book- Twilight by Meg Cabot




One of Meg Cabot's BEST series ever. The ending was, as always brilliant and left me so super duper happy. *sigh*
But the Jesse bit in the middle? 
Oh boy did I cry.
Gotta love Jesse and Suze. 




3. A Long Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan


I put up both the covers,
because both are so pretttyyyyy.


Xander. Oh Xander. 
That Xander bit nearing the end? I cried. Hard. 






4. Upstate by Kalisha Buckhanan




It was so bittersweet. I desperately wanted a fairytale. 
I got real life. 
But it was so good.






5. Delirium by Lauren Oliver




Alex and Lena were so inspiring and good together. The end killed me. *sigh* Waiting for Pandemonium and a miracle. [one of the] Best love based dystopian EVA.






6. How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff


This book was a slow and steady read. 
The bittersweet love story broke my heart, and all the sad war bits and how the children were left alone.


I love books where children are left to fend for themselves and make an adventure out of it. Enid Blyton books did it in a happier way, Meg Rosoff did it in a bittersweet, tugs-on-your-heartstrings way. 
Click here to view the book trailer- its pretty awesome.






7. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini




If a book broke my heart and ripped it to pieces, it would be this book. 
The ending was a happy one though, and the story was extremely well written and so good.
I didn't cry but at parts it got me so angry at the injustice of it all! Ugh.






8. Harry Potter by JK Rowling




Dobby, Dumbledore, Fred, Hedwig? 'Nuff said.








9. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins






All the sad bits. *sigh*






10. books by Christopher Pike




Christopher Pike is one of my most fav authors EVER. He writes so brilliantly- every single one of his books have heartbreak-y stories, but they are always SO. FREAKIN'.GOOD. You're left shocked, questioning and just wowed. 






And those are my top ten picks. What are yours?


xx


CLG

8 comments:

  1. I LOOOOOVE THE MEDIATOR SERIES BEYONG ANY WORDS! even though i read it at least 5 yearss ago and dont remember everything!
    A thousand splendid suns is a classic! have you read the kite runner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooo I haven't. I can't bring myself to, knowing its sad AND without romance. Which are kinda dumb reasons but whatever. I will though, One.Day.

      Delete
  2. Glad to see HP and HG on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy that all of Christopher Pike's books are included! They are so lovingly brilliant... Unique and really do leave you heartbroken but happy all the same... They are based on real life! They don't always have a cheesy happy ending! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Christopher Pike's books! Have you read The Listeners? It's my favorite.I also cried at the ending of Mediators.Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember- I might have. I've read a LOT of his books. Thankyou!

      Delete
  5. I love your choice in books! Perfect I'M definitely going to check the few I havent already read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! :D And yes, you should! All of 'em are amazing.

      Delete

Thinking of leaving a comment?
That's why you're awesome.