Friday, June 24, 2011

Oh My Gods by Tera Lynn Childs -BookReview



3/5 stars

A modern girl's comedic odyssey in a school filled with the descendants of Greek gods.

When Phoebe's mom returns from Greece with a new husband and moves them to an island in the Aegean, Phoebe's plans for her senior year and track season are ancient history. Now she must attend the uberexclusive academy, where admission depends on pedigree, namely, ancestry from Zeus, Hera, and other Greek gods. That's right, they're real, not myth, and their teen descendants are like the classical heroes—supersmart and superbeautiful with a few superpowers. And now they're on her track team! Armed only with her Nikes and the will to win, Phoebe races to find her place among the gods.

 My Thoughts:

Greek Mythology, hot guys, strong female protagonists, whats not to like?
Not to mention a warm-fuzzy-feeling ending.
My favorite kind.

Oh My Gods is a wonderful feel good, chick lit novel, and I really enjoyed reading it.
I loved how some parts of it were totally unpredictable and how some of it made me laugh out loud.
I also really liked how Phoebe wasn't a doe eyed damsel in distress, but was a strong female who was so very passionate about sports[running]!
Everything about her was refreshing from how she liked to wear Tees with quirky sayings, how she read SPORTS MAGAZINES to specially how she didn't at all falter from being who she was, even when pressured otherwise.

   A yummy, light young adult romance, with Greek myth talk, godly powers, a few laughs and some sports [track] thrown into the mix, Oh My Gods is perfect for you if you're in the mood of something light, but not completely fluffy.

This book does have a sequel, but is good enough to stand alone, since there isn't a cliff hanger ending, so its good for all those who don't want to get involved in a series. Though I will be checking out the sequel [Goddess Boot Camp]- Tera Lynn Childs hasn't let me down yet!


The most exciting part is, this was AN ACTUAL HARDCOVER BOOK, that I read (and am reviewing)!
I got it from an Old Book Shop, though its brand new, and ONLY for 70 rupees!
I was so ecstatic while buying it, because good hardcover books are so hard to come by cheap, and sometimes price doesn't even matter since they aren't available here at all.

Here is my beautiful copy! :





Read this book man. Come on. You know you want to.

xx

ChickLitGirl

1 comment:

  1. Dude, seriously, I TOTALLY want to. Send it to me, k? k.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of leaving a comment?
That's why you're awesome.