I saw the following 11 questions on another book blog- I'm sorry I don't remember which one!- And thought it would be fun to answer them on my own blog too.
1. What is your favorite genre to read?
I mainly love all kinds of young adult books with romance! I also read a bit of adult chicklit and sometimes I even branch out into the Adult-mystery-thriller genre.
2. What is the first romance novel you ever read and how old were you when you read it?
Well, I don't think I ever actually started with an all romance novel. I started with a bit of romance- The Sweet Valley middle school series! Where the twins 'liked' boys. LOL, I always got this forbidden sorta thrill reading 'em since my mom was very strict about 'bad' books, being a Muslim and stuff.
From there I moved on to RL Stine's Fear Street YA books, which had a bit of kissing in 'em (even more bad girl thrill! Ah!) and I think I used to hide those books from my parents a lot. From there I got hooked to Meg Cabot, Christopher Pike and etc. *Sigh* Good times.
3. How many books--paper or ebooks--are in your existing TBR pile?
[TBR = your To-Be-Read and typically refers to books you already own but haven't yet read]
Wow, I don't even know. Lets see, paper-books: around 93, and e-books, I dunno, A.LOT. Probably more than a hundred. Yeah. I kinda like to read. A lot.
4. Do you read nonfiction? If so, from which sub-genre?
Nope, not really. Recently I was sent The Virgin Diaries for review, so that's one non-fiction book I'm currently reading.
5. Do you own an e-reading device? If so, which one(s)?
I love reading on my iPhone. Its so super convenient, and that way I always have a ton of books to read whenever I'm bored, or feel like it! I use the Stanza app.
6. Which one book have you re-read most often?
Probably the Harry Potter series. They're freakin' awesome. Also when I was younger I read and re-read the Famous Five, Wishing Chair and the Faraway Tree books by Enid Blyton a bajillian times.
7. How many library books do you have out right now?
None. I don't really get books from the library anymore, because the only library I have access and membership to is the Lahore Gymkhana Library. And it sucks.
8. How do you mark your place in a book?
Dog eared pages. Yup. I'm one of those girls.
9. About how many books do you typically read in a month?
Probably 12 to 15 books a month.
10. What was the last book that made you cry?
Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver made me almost cry. The last book where I actually dripped tears: A Long Lone Sleep by Anna Sheehan.
11. What was the last book that made you laugh?
The Education of Hailey Kendrick by Eileen Cook. (Drew dialogues! Gotta love.) And the Queen of Funny, Sophie Kinsella's I've Got Your Number.
It doesn't matter if you're a book blogger or not.
Love to read? I'd love to hear your answers! Either post 'em in a comment below, or blog about 'em.